To a young child, every day can be a discovery of something new. Preschoolers love to explore the world around them. Simple science activities help young children enhance this natural curiosity.
Science exploration in the classroom provides young children the opportunity to…
- Build self-confidence
- Engage in “hands on” experiences
- Increase observation skills
- Receive opportunities to use tools, equipment and familiar materials
- Problem solve
- Develop sensory, physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and social attributes
- Develop language through increased vocabulary as they ask and answer questions
- Just have fun
Science activities are incorporated into many of the learning themes throughout our preschool program. A small sampling includes mixing colors, making slime, learning the difference between salt and fresh water and its effect on floating, erupting volcanoes and discovering the wonder of dry ice.
Tagged: christian preschool, church preschools, eastside preschool, fall registration, Methodist Preschools, pre-k, pre-k curriculum, preschool, preschool registration, registration, Saint Paul's Preschool, St Pauls Preschool Tucson, St. Paul's UM Preschool, St. Paul's United Methodist Church, St. Pauls Preschools in Tucson AZ, St. Pauls UMC Preschool, StPaulsPreschoolTucson, Tucson Preschools, United Methodist Preschools